Welcome to Lincoln County
Congratulations on your new employment with Lincoln County! To expedite the paperwork necessary to create your payroll record, the required forms for new hires are available online for you to complete before your scheduled orientation. Please complete all seven (7) documents and return them no later than your first day of employment. When returning these forms, you are required to provide two (2) forms of ID to validate the I-9 form. See instructions on the I-9 form for accepted forms of ID.
Please return each of the following documents in person to the Human Resources Office located at 512 California Avenue in Libby.
- Montana W-4
- Form I-9,
- Montana New Hire Reporting Form
- Release of Driving Record Form
- Policy Manual (Acknowledgement form and Appendix A – F)
- Direct Deposit Authorization
**Employees are encouraged to have their payroll checks deposited electronically to their account at any bank.
- PERS - Public Employees' Retirement System or SRS - Sheriffs' Retirement **All County employees are eligible for enrollment in PERS. Employees who work at least 20 hours per week or a total of 960 hours per fiscal year are required to enroll in PERS. Any person who is a current member in PERS when hired, must participate in PERS.
If you are required to participate in PERS you will need to complete one of these forms: http://mpera.mt.gov/Portals/175/documents/Forms/Member/BeneficiaryPERS.pdf
For Detention Officers or Sheriff Deputies: http://mpera.mt.gov/Portals/175/documents/Forms/Member/MembershipSRS.pdf
If it is optional for you to participate in PERS/SRS you need to complete this form to elect or decline membership: http://mpera.mt.gov/Portals/175/documents/Forms/Employer/OptMemElecPERS.pdf
Members contribute a percentage of their gross salary through payroll deduction each pay period. This is matched by an employer contribution of the same percentage. Within the first year of employment, all participants must choose between a Defined Benefit (DB) plan or a Defined Contribution (DC) plan for investment of contributions. Consult the MPERA website (links below) for information on this irrevocable election.