Visit our new website!
To preserve and enhance Montana’s natural and manmade resources by mobilizing all Montanans to make their homes, neighborhoods, and communities fire safe. Lincoln County FireSafe Council is a nonprofit group that is here to help citizens of the county prepare for a wildfire.
- Provide leadership for and coordinate voluntary FireSafe activities in Lincoln County.
- Provide technical assistance, information, resource materials, and other help to landowners and other concerned citizens to help them assess their risks from wildfire, increase preparedness, and reduce risks where possible.
- Encourage and facilitate homeowners', homeowner's associations, and others' voluntary participation in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating FireSafe programs and activities.
- Provide representation from Lincoln County to FireSafe Montana, a non-profit organization which serves as a bridge between local FireSafe Councils around the state and the regional and national interests and policy makers whose activities affect the successful implementation of those Councils' wildfire mitigation activities.
- Update, revise and help implement the Lincoln County CWPP
- Work and collaborate with local, state, and federal agencies (Local fire departments, DNRC, USFS, and Flathead Economic Policy Center) on projects of mutual interest.
- Encourage students in the county to take an active part in the Lincoln County FireSafe Council.
- Provide the leadership for FireWise education in the county.