Recording & Document Fees
The Lincoln County Clerk & Recorder offers services for recording documents, plat maps, surveys, tax liens and provides certified copies of previously recorded documents.
All fees must be paid in advance of services rendered. Payment must be made by cash, money order or check payable to the Clerk & Recorder.
Common Recorded Documents
Fees for commonly recorded instruments are $7 per page provided they have a three-inch header and a return to address in the upper left hand corner of the document. Please call if you have any questions concerning these requirements.
- Bill of Sale
- Certificate of Location
- Contract for Deed
- * Corner Recording
- Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions
- Declaration of Homestead
- Deeds: Bargain & Sale, Quitclaim, Warranty, Beneficiary Easements
- * Military Discharge
- Notice of Purchasers Interest
- Power of Attorney
- Right of First Refusal
- Property Bond and Release of Property Bond
- Satisfaction of Mortgage
- Sheriff Deed
- Tax Deed
- Trust Indenture, Deed of Trust and Mortgage
- UCC-New Filing is $7 flat fee (not per page); Continuation is $5; Termination there is no fee.
* No Recording Fees Apply
NONSTANDARD DOCUMENTS ARE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $10 PER DOCUMENT
Fees are $5 per document.
- Certificate of Sheriff's Sale
- Lis Pendens and Release of Lis Pendens
- Mechanics & Construction Lien and Release of Lien
- Notice of Right to Claim a Lien and Release
- Redemption of Certificate of Sheriff's Sale
- Resolution: Approval of County Budget
- Sheriff's Certificate of Sale on Foreclosure
- Redemption Receipt Certificate
Plat Maps and Surveys
- Certicates of Survey - $25.00
(Affidavits attached to surveys are recorded)
- Subdivision and Townsite Plats - $25.00
- Each additional lot up to and including 100 - 0.50 each
- Each additional lot in excess of 100 - 0.25 each
- $1.00 per page for each document that needs to be filed with a Subdivision or Certificate of Survey
Federal Tax Liens (71-3-206 M.C.A.)
- Federal Tax Liens - $7.00
- Partial Release of Federal Tax Lien - $5.00
- Release of Federal Tax Lien - No Fee
Birth & Death Certificates
For more information and applications see the Birth & Death Certificates page here.
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate - $5.00
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate - $3.00
Copy and Notary Fees
- Copy fees: First page of document - $0.50
- Each subsequent page of same document - $0.25
- Certified Copy Fee - $2.00
- Notary Fee - $1.00 per stamp. The Clerk and Recorder's office only notarizes documents that will be recorded in our office.
Payments and Info
Looking for a specific document? Use our Online Document Search!
Requests and payments can be made at:
Lincoln County Clerk & Recorder
512 California Ave
Libby, MT 59923
Payment may be made by cash, money order or check payable to the Clerk & Recorder